14 Reasons Online Buyers Abandon Their Shopping Cart
Over the past four years shopping cart abandonment rates have run in the 60% range, meaning six in 10 shoppers who place items in a cart do not check out (eMarketer). Abandonment is when a shopper puts something in their cart, but doesn’t actually purchase. Here are 14 Reasons Online Buyers Abandon Their Shopping Cart.
14 main reasons people abandon their shopping cart
Shopping carts are abandoned for a variety of reasons, but they all have the same outcome – lost sales. So what are some common reasons people abandon their cart?
(Findings via Statista):
1. Presented with unexpected costs
2. Just browsing
3. Found a better price elsewhere
4. Overall price too expensive
5. Decided against buying
6. Website navigation too complicated
7. Website crashed
8. Process was taking too long
9. Excessive payment security checks
10. Concerns about payment security
11. Delivery options were unsuitable
12. Website time out
13. Price presented in a foreign currency
14. Payment was declined
Be sure to track your websites shopping cart abandon rates and what step in the process it is taking place. Where buyers are dropping off can be indicative of where the problem lies.
More Ecommerce Resources: